Marco Antonio Reyes
Marco Reyes is a Partner in the customs, international trade & VAT practice at Andersen in Mexico.
He has over 19 years of experience in technical and operational activities. One of his main focus areas has been the preparation of several projects related to world trade management, strategic import and export tax planning, and the procedures for the import of goods into Mexico, mainly by the manufacturing and automotive industries.
In addition, Marco has excelled in several areas of foreign trade including strategic import and export operations under the North American and European Union Free Trade Agreements.
As part of his professional experience, Marco has been deeply involved in foreign trade operations review and evaluation, and the analysis and evaluation of tax related and customs risks affecting foreign trade operations. He also has experience in the study and analysis of several import and export schemes, and the study and interpretation of legal aspects predicted in the Mexican foreign trade law and free trade agreements.
Before joining Andersen in Mexico, Marco was a Partner in the customs, international trade & VAT practice at PwC.
- Member of American Chamber of Commerce of México
Areas of Specialization
- International taxation
- Tax planning
- Corporate restructures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Due diligence
- Ruling & other authorization procedures
- Representation in audit procedures
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) – BA Degree in Law
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) – BA Degree in Economy
- Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) – Diploma of Legal Analysis of Foreign Trade
- Extra classes on customs matters
- Languages: Spanish, English